Baron von Skippy on 2 Oct 2002 02:12:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] About the grid reborn

I'm glad you like it. Here's the answers to some questions, and a bit more:

Yes, I did _mostly_ use preconstructed models, a bit of my own, and assembled them in a program - not really a raytracer.

What program did I primarily use?

The Warcraft III World Editor
-So called it... the orcs gave it away.-

That's right - this is a Warcraft III map that you see. Not an ordinary one, of course; I have a lot of modding experience, and had to do some crazy stuff to get this right. (Modding is modifying a game to turn it into something else.) My only regret is that you cannot see it in motion; my custom stuff doesn't move, at least right now, but lots of stuff is animated. Warcraft III doesn't have support for making movies; otherwise, I'd make for each nweek, showing what everyone did. (Orc eats a sheep gnome ;P). I'll try to figure out something for the future.
-That would be really, really cool. The one problem would be file size, wouldn't it?-

As for why some of the models don't quite match: pretty much I thought that I would try what would look cooler; Even though a simple speech bubble would be easy to make, the 'Ethereal Ghost Thing' (TM)
-"Ghost thing?" ...Maybe "Entity?"-

seemed to me to be appropriate to The Voice, even though it's nothing like what she described. And for bd's avatar, you are the black gaseous thingie right next to me on your airspeeder. You said: "I'm the guy your eyes just won't focus on... Nobody ever remembers how I look...", and I already had that model in mind when you said you were an @.
-/I/ recognized bd when I saw him...-

In any case, everyone feel free to make suggestions about how you would like to be represented. Be sure to keep you declared gender in mind! Athena, I and idea for you, a priestess-looking wooman, and I have an alternate Wonko for when (not if) he manages to go from rags to riches again. Oh, and BvS, I have 1 for you too, your evilness.
-*nods appreciatively* Sweet. What picture thingy did you use? One from W3, or something else?-

When I finally got done setting everything up and looking at, I was kinda hurried with the pictures, as it's not an easy process to get them out. I'll try to get a better view of everyone, maybe lined up in roll call fashion, and maybe even put them on the roster page?
-File size again. That would make the roster big. Also, if we're gonna have portraits on the roster page, I think we should pick our own, no offense to your efforts.-

Orc In A Spacesuit
is contemplating the future.

                                                  [[BvS]]