Joshua Caudle on 14 Aug 2002 17:06:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] A grand entrance (sort of)...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wonko" <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 7:17 PM
Subject: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] A grand entrance (sort of)...

> Quoth Joshua Caudle,
>
> > I, Squire Of Dimness, do hereby announce my desire to to join the game
of B
> > Nomic.
> > I declare my Gender to be M.
> > I enter the grid at (15,8)
> > I pick up the Sledge O Matic.
> >
> > I propose the following:
> >
> > Amend rule 503 with the following XX-delimited text:
> >
> > XX
> > Players may only drink glasses of chamagne that are currently in their
> > possession.
> > XX
>
> Such is already the case, is it not?
>
> --
> Wonko

This is not expresssly stated in rule 503 and that's aprt of the problem.
the rule states only that a player must state e is drinking the glass of
champagne to do so not that the glass of schampagne is within eir
possession. I fully concur with Orc's CFI on the matter if I didnt' I
wouldn't have made the prop to cover the loophole.. there is no such
loophole in any other object rule. each explicitly states that the player
must be in possession of an object to consume or otherwise modify it. thusly
glotmorf suggestion for alteration is redundancy and as orc stated  earlier
it would prevent players from picking up items in random grid squares as
that would modify the status oif said object though it is not within the
possesion of said player. Thusly I made the prop exclusive to 503 as no
other object rules are in need of similar modifications, andto make a
generalised rule would cripple current gameplay by being too ambiguous.