Baron von Skippy on 1 Jul 2002 22:00:05 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] the new-and-improved version!

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [spoon-discuss] the new-and-improved version!
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:30:10 -0400

On 7/1/02 at 4:08 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>>A valid thought, but Vader redeemed himself in SW6. Okay, he died in the
>>process, but still, he was then right up there with Obi-Wan and Yoda in
>the
>>Happy Ghost Troupe.
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>
>-I don't care if he had redeemed himself, he popped up as a phantasm in an
>Ewok (these are the teddy bears that thought C-3PO was a god- not to
>bright,
>and rather spiritual...) celebration. That's just malicious. What if a few
>of the buggers had seen him, eh? He could have caused a panic. Anyway, he
>was an evil bastard, and Amidala liked the "tall, dark, and tragic" look,
>apparently. Did I mention he's one of the three coolest characters in the
>hexology, along with Han Solo and Yoda?-
>
>                                            -BvS-

Maybe Vader, the tall, darth and helmeted version in 4-6 was cool. Annikin in 1 was a whiny little brat; Annikin in 2 was a whiny teenage brat. And neither benefited from having a decent actor behind the character. And Amidala's liking Annikin's look didn't say much for Amidala, especially since they couldn't manage to make her look older than him.

-I said Vader was cool, not baby Anakin or murderous one-arm Anakin. Ol' Death-Grip Darth.-

Yoda? Maybe, given his demonstrated sense of knowing just a whole pile more than those around him, though one wonders at the wisdom at his using the clones. Imagine you go out of your frat house and find a pile of food in the front yard. You have no idea where it came from or why someone would leave it there, but then someone says there's a party scheduled tonight, so you figure, what the hell, let's use it. Your guests are innocent victims, but you deserve the poisoning you get. And who would use a commander that uses such tortured phrases as, "Around the jedi a defensive perimeter create!"?

-"Around the survivors a perimeter create." And who would follow him? Why, brainwashed clone troopers, silly. And what the hell else is he supposed to use? The Republic army of 1.2 million (in a couple of years, number given by the leader-dude of Kamino) could not hope to hold down 10,000 rebelling systems- that's 100 people per system, assuming 16.6% losses, a pretty optimistic estimate. They'll need buttloads of volunteers, and they'll get them, along with a fair number of draftees, to be stamped and pressed into stormies. Yoda's not the idiot, Jar Jar is. JJ was SUCH a tool for the quasi-Emperor. I hope Anakin cuts him in two. Or death-grips him. And no matter Yoda's faults, like his inability after 880 years to speak English, you can't deny he opened a can, nay, a keg, of whoop-ass on Dooku.-

Okay, Han "It's not my fault!" Solo wasn't bad, though I'm also fond of the guy from the gas mine whose name I can't recall. But my favorite was Alec Guinness as the elder Obi-Wan. He was serene, he was on top of the situation, he made a fairly decent ghost, and, unlike the younger Obi-Wan in 2, he didn't...titter.

-You mean Lando Calrissian? Sir Alec Guinnes was good, but his part didn't go far enough to be sure, sorry. I liked him, but the charactes who didn't get cleaved so they could have shiny bit parts get a couple of points. Like, say, Han.-

						Glotmorf