Wonko on 28 Jun 2002 00:39:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] pseudocode actions

Quoth Glotmorf,

> I'd like to make a case for pseudocode actions.  Yes, they can be used in
> scams, but as Wonko aptly demonstrated one can do an analog scam just as
> easily; you can't probably pre-emptively scam-proof the game without
> preventing action altogether.

The thing that bugs me about pseudocode is not the potential to perform a
single action multiple times; it's simply the ability to say 'As soon as A,
I do B'. That's a bad thing, because we have no way of deciding the order in
which such things happen. For example, if two people say 'As soon as the
football is within three squares of me, I Run to it and pick it up', then
they both simultaneously run to the location and take the football. That's
Bad.

--
Wonko