David E. Smith on 15 Jun 2002 15:35:11 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Proposal ideas

These aren't proposals yet (obviously) but I want to see how well they'll
be received. Especially the probably-controversial first clause of the
second one.

Proposal 1:

{{ __Wht Dd U Sy?__
Add to Rule 257, at the end of the numbered list, the following:
{{
6) Remove extraneous or ambiguous abbreviations from existing rules (but
not proposals or CFIs). The Administrator must post notice of the
correction(s) made to a public forum within 1 nday following this
adjustment.
}}
[[ Anyone hit by Entropy syllable limits must still express themselves
adequately during the proposal process, but once something make it into
the ruleset, I think some of those abbrevs. should be cleaned up. ]]
}}

Proposal 2:
{{ __Population Control__

This is an A La Carte Proposal.

Item 1:
{{
Remove sections B.5. (the King Gremlin), B.8. (The Golden-Armed Gremlin),
B.10. (The Five-Star General Gremlin), B.11. (The Goon Gremlin), and B.12.
(The Police Gremlin) from Rule 256. Renumber the remaining sections so
that no numbers in the series are omitted [[ i.e. the old b6 will now be
b5, and so on ]].

[[ I fully expect this to be controversial, but these Gremlins are rarely
if ever used for anything, and they're just cluttering up the environment. ]]
}}

Item 2:
{{
Replace section B.9. (or, if Item 1 passed, the appropriate item after
renumbering) of Rule 256 with the following:
{{
B.9. The AAAHHH! Gremlin

There exists a Gremlin known as the AAAHHH! Gremlin. If, at any point,
there are no Gremlins in Hiding, or if, at any point, all Gremlins are in
Hiding, the AAAHHH! Gremlin makes a Primal Scream.

If The AAAHHH! Gremlin makes a Primal Scream, 1d8 random Gremlins become
Active, and all other Gremlins go into Hiding. The AAAHHH! Gremlin becomes
Active in any event.
}}
[[ Why not? Makes things a little more interesting. ]]
}}
}}