Dan Waldron on 16 Jun 2002 21:11:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Proposal ideas

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, David E. Smith wrote:
> Proposal 1:
>
> {{ __Wht Dd U Sy?__
> Add to Rule 257, at the end of the numbered list, the following:
> {{
> 6) Remove extraneous or ambiguous abbreviations from existing rules (but
> not proposals or CFIs). The Administrator must post notice of the
> correction(s) made to a public forum within 1 nday following this
> adjustment.
> }}
> [[ Anyone hit by Entropy syllable limits must still express themselves
> adequately during the proposal process, but once something make it into
> the ruleset, I think some of those abbrevs. should be cleaned up. ]]
> }}

I feel that this is too nearly a complete workaround for entropy.  And if
the abbreviations are unclear it could actually change the interpretation
of the rule.  But I would be happy if we make it work in conjunction with
a list of standard abbreviations.  Perhaps any player could add a word to
or remove a word from the standard abbrev. list provided that there are no
objections within 3 ndays.

> Proposal 2:
> {{ __Population Control__
>
> This is an A La Carte Proposal.
>
> Item 1:
> {{
> Remove sections B.5. (the King Gremlin), B.8. (The Golden-Armed Gremlin),
> B.10. (The Five-Star General Gremlin), B.11. (The Goon Gremlin), and B.12.
> (The Police Gremlin) from Rule 256. Renumber the remaining sections so
> that no numbers in the series are omitted [[ i.e. the old b6 will now be
> b5, and so on ]].

I suggest you destroy the gremlins as well as repealing the rules.  We
already have precedent for unlegislated objects.

DW