David E. Smith on 17 May 2002 13:46:54 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: the not-yet-official results

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Gavin Doig wrote:

> But... you like the rest of it? That's like saying "I liked the Matrix,
> apart from all the fight scenes and bits about living in a computer
> simulation."

Heh.

I honestly couldn't care less about the rest of it -- everything other
than "repeal Bandwidth Rationing" pretty much boils down to tweaking a few
numbers.

But, and I must be blunt here, my time is rather finite. Unlike some of
the players, I still haven't found a clever workaround for that whole "24
hours per day, no more" bug in the universe.

(And no, redefining the hour doesn't help for this instance.)

> I wish P685 had existed; that would have accomplished everything I
> wanted. Actually, now that I think about it, at the start of the game
> the rules said nothing about what happened when a proosal passed. I
> think we can use that as precedent to say that charter props do stuff,
> so 685 existed.

I still don't see a sound argument (IMO, natch) that says M-Tek (and thus
p685) don't exist. Then again, I'm not actually a player, rendering my
opinion just shy of meaningless.

> Oh, and Dave? <kosh>There is a hole in your veto</kosh>. 2, probably.
> I'd tell you what the second one is, but I'm rather hoping you miss it.

The only one of which I'm aware is the fact that the veto isn't official
yet because it was posted to -discuss, but then again nothing in that
email was official for that reason. And the Clock is still Off for the
same reason.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

(There is no relevance to the above, but as long as we're trading B5
quotes...)

...dave