Glotmorf on 10 Apr 2002 21:14:02 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Sorry about this...

On 4/10/02 at 4:58 PM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>> {{ _And It's Not 42_
>>
>> {{ _What Do You Get if You Throw a Gnome Into a Brook?_
>>
>> You get a Wet Gnome.
>>
>> }}
>>
>> }}
>
>Cut out the comments, and your prop looks like the above.
>
>That means that we'd have a rule which says "You get a Wet Gnome".
>
>I'd say this rule has ambiguity coming out of its metaphorical wazoo.
>

>--Wonko

Oh, I guess.  I just couldn't resist.  One could argue, though, that the title of the rule is part of the rule itself, and that therefore the purpose of the content of the rule is to resolve the question posed by the title of the rule.

Which may mean there are titles of existing rules that could be the subject of CFJs...

						Glotmorf