Glotmorf on 11 Apr 2002 01:53:13 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The propothal I mithed

On 4/10/02 at 7:55 PM Eric Gerlach wrote:

>{{
>__The Ministers of the Realm__
>
>{{
>__Ministers__
>
>There exist titles defining Ministers of the form "Minister of X", where X
>is a unique designator.  These titles are known as Ministries [[ This is a
>good enough defn for now ]].  A Ministry may only be assigned to a player
>as expicitly allowed by the rules.  Only one player may hold any given
>Ministry at any given time, and a player may only hold one Ministry at any
>given time.
>
>Any proposal that would create a rule that defines a Ministry must also
>create rules that define the Powers and Responsabilities of that
>Ministry.  These rules may all be conincident.
>
>The Powers of a Ministry is a list of actions.  A player that holds a
>Ministry may perform any of the actions in the Powers of their Ministry as
>if e were the Administrator.
>
>The Responsabilities of a Ministry is a list of actions that a Minister
>must perform.
>
>The Administrator may perform all the duties of any Minister if e so
>chooses.  The Administrator may also hold Titles which are also
>Ministries.  This rule supercedes Rule 263 in this regard.
>}}
>
>{{
>__Ministerial Elections__
>
>If at any time no player (or The Administrator) holds a Ministry, an
>Election is called for that Ministry.  The Election consists of two
>phases:  a Nomination phase immediately followed by a Voting Phase, each
>of
>which are 5 ndays long.  The Nomination phase of the Election begins at
>the
>first beginning of an nday after the Ministry is not held by any Player or
>The Administrator.
>
>During the Nomination phase, a player may nominate another player or
>emself
>for the Ministry by declaring so in a public forum.  After a player has
>been nominated, a player may second the nomination by declaring so in a
>public forum.  If a nomination is seconded, the player nominated becomes a
>Candidate for the Ministry.  The Administrator is always a Candidate for
>every Election.
>
>At the end of the Nomination phase, the Administrator shall issue a List
>of
>Candidates for the Election containing all the names of the Candidates for
>the Ministry.
>
>During the Voting phase, players may cast one vote for one name on the
>List
>of Candidates for the Election by doing so in a public forum.  [[ Public
>voting only for Ministers ]]  The Administrator may also vote for one name
>of the List of Candidates, however there is no limit to the number of
>votes
>The Administrator may make.
>
>At the end of the voting phase, the player (or The Administrator) whose
> [...]

First off, "responsibilities" doesn't have an "a" in it...:)

Aside from that, it's an interesting idea.  I'm only worried that performing certain ministries might require access to the server that neither its owner nor Mr. A would be willing to provide.  Sufficient coding might allow a given ministry to be performed...but sufficient coding might also make a ministry entirely unnecessary.

Certain things can be accomplished on other servers, like Yahoo with its sharable file and notepad folders and Delphi with its flat-file databases, though for safety's sake anything not on the main server should probably be backed up from time to time, since players do, for whatever reason, disappear.

Is this a first, or have other Nomics tried distributed administration?

						Glotmorf