Daniel Lepage on 4 Apr 2002 17:05:34 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: Bowling

Quoth Tyler Crosby,

 > {{ __Bowling for Nomics!__

I was thinking the same thing myself, actually...

 > -0-
 > --)May recieve points from Pinhead.
 > -0-

*sigh* Isn't the ruleset long enough without adding
extra lines? Of course they may recieve points from
Pinhead, the Pinhead rule says so! What do you seek to
accomplish by giving them permission to do that which
they already may do?

-Wonko, we just dealt with this whole thing with poor
Copper and all the rest. See, he needs to update that
rule, it's in the rules that he does, at least until
524 kills that sentence... Let it stay. It may save us
a CFJ
later on.-

My dear Baron, I suggest that you examine the rules
more thoroughly. The rule in question states that any
rule creating a Gremlin that affects players must
alter the Idol rule. This is not what the esteemed
Voice has done; rather, it is his Proposal that seeks
to amend the Idol. Unfortunately, given the deplorable
way the Idol rule is currently worded, (unless 524
has... dealt with that bit) this poor Bowling Gremlin
will, in fact, be illegal, as the *rule* which creates
it must amend the Idol, not the *proposal*.

Just as a side note, that's why poor Goldie, the
Golden-Armed Gremlin, also never happened, as its
proposal amended, not its rule.

--Wonko
hates the Idol