Gavin Doig on 4 Apr 2002 12:20:09 -0000

spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: The Late Late Late Ballot For nweek 11

> >Proposal 519/0: And yet you are possessed. (Uncle Psychosis)
>
> Your fallathy ith thowing.  Thith propothal ith inherently illegal if
> it doethn't get more than 2/3 of the voteth, tho even if it patheth,
> if it doethn't path by enough, it ith inherently illegal, and therefore
> mutht never have ecthithted.
>
> Thith I mutht thee.  I vote negative.

You're wrong. See CFJ 254 for why.

>Proposal 520/1: Exclusive doors. (Uncle Psychosis)

> Thorry, thport.  R395 thayth that "declarations of
> Respect are treated as if they were proposed by the
> Scoring Gremlin."  Unleth the Thcoring Gremlin ith
> to be eligible for the Token, voteth on declarationth
> of rethpect can't count towardth gaining the token.
>
> Perhapth the reathoning behind the judgment left
> thomething to be dethired, or better thtated, but the
> judgment ithelf wath fundamentally correct.
>
> I vote negative.

Also wrong. As Wonko points out, that text was only added by P448/2. Since the CFJ in question is CFJ 447, that text was not there when the CFJ was submitted, rendering the judgment fundamentally wrong.

>Proposal 522/0: A Santa that will never come. (Uncle Psychosis)

> I find it interethting to thee latter-day commentary on my
> earlier work.  Thith reviewer doethn't theem to realithe that
> r212 wath crafted with a thpethicif purpothe in mind: catching
> up with Wonko.  My ethteemed colleague Wonko hath many
> good ideath for rule changeth, and not everyone thinkth in
> termth of keeping a lid on hith pointh; it ith therefore pothible
> that e could propothe fifty good ideath, and all of them would
> be adopted becauthe they're good ideath, and no one would
> conthider that that thimply catapulth him further into the lead.
>
> I thtill haven't caught up with him yet.  But I think I'm clothing
> the gap.  I vote negative.

"No, *you* don't get it: I don't care". Points aren't interesting; who cares if Wonko gets them? I'm aware that a proosal number limit also limits the number of points you can get, but I'd rather see his 50 interesting proosals, or be able to proose repealing each rule that's in P521 separately, than try to bring myself to care about score.

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup