Eric Gerlach on 26 Mar 2002 17:59:47 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Roast the PIG

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Glotmorf wrote:
> On 3/26/02 at 12:18 AM Eric Gerlach wrote:
>
> >And yes, that's right.  I plan on killing people.  This feeling will
> >likely subside in the next 30 minutes.... but for now I'm feeling evil.
> >
> >And because my proposals are in early... and the gremlin number is 113,
> >if anyone proposes anything, I'm safe, and if not, it's only Death that
> >dies. (Ironic, no?)
> >
> >Bean
>
> Oh, Bean, you vithiouth brute.  You mutht underthtand that killing
> people ith not the anthwer.  You may think ith cool now to dreth up like
> Keanu and go thooting up roomth full of people, but remember Keanu altho
> did A Walk in the Cloudth, and I thtill haven't forgiven him for that
> one.

Oh Glotmorf, you take me too seriously.  I'm not a murderous sociopath, as
you suggest.  In fact, my favourite character from The Matrix was not that
played by our good friend Keanu, but that of Laurence Fishburne.  The
thinker, the teacher, the optimist.

In reality, all these dark things spewing forth from my terminal come for
two reasons.  One, I have a dark sense of humour this week.  Why?  I don't
know.  Two, the game is fairly bright and cheery, with all sorts of happy
things (e.g. The Pink Scarf); we would be fools to completely forget our
own mortalities ;)

Anyone know if they've made it illegal to keep a human skull on your desk
like the authors of yore?

> And why were you thurprithed?  I told everyone where they could find out
> which propothal the pig would conthume:
> http://www.angelfire.com/games4/morfologie/pigmenu.html. I even gave an
> example of a meanth to thathiate the pig with Purina Pig Chow...would've
> worked if I'd thelected a player inthtead of Mithter A, but I didn't
> want to thuggetht a player get five rethpect pointh jutht to feed the
> pig...

*sigh* To be honest, I wasn't surprised... just absent-minded and
subsequently annoyed.  As I said, I think that the PIG isn't too fond of
football... first it stopped its inception, and then it stopped passing.
Coincidence?  I think not.  It's conspiring against me, I tell you... all
the Gremlins are against me....

> Tithk, Bean.  Thaying you want to thlay people jutht becauthe you threw
> a path to the pig.  That ith tho butch...Perhapth it'd help you adjutht
> your perthpective if you had the thcarf for a while, thinthe it tho
> doethn't go with a black leather trenchcoat.  Your gender ithn't
> declared right now, but ith an odd nweek and an even nday, tho you'll be
> lithping your vithiouth athathination thtatementh for a while.

It's not *only* because of the PIG... I just think the game would be a lot
more fun if there was something to be a little afraid of.  Well, that and
I had this proposal about a Gremlin that Killed you... and I thought:
"Hey!  Wouldn't it be neat if you could die in a bunch of ways?"  I have a
feeling I'm going to die faster than most... but such is the way of
things.

I thought I had declared my gender long ago... oh well, I'll just
redeclare it.

> Bethideth, ith maybe a little thtylith that you thaid to thubtract from
> your Charm over thith.  Even you knew you jutht weren't in your color
> there.  But maybe with the thcarf you will be.

It's not particularily charming, declaring oneself to be bitter.  In fact
it's sort of anti-charming.  Oh well, such is the way of things.

Bean