Glotmorf on 26 Mar 2002 08:08:07 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Cinquains Suck

On 3/25/02 at 11:29 PM Rob Speer wrote:

>I propose: __Cinquains Suck__
>{{
>Repeal
>rule 3 9 9,
>but only after this
>proposal has recieved three points
>from it.
>}}
>
>[[ Yes, so I'm hypocritical, but I suppose the rule might as well get
>used once. ]]
>
>[[ I'll elaborate on my opinion: I get the distinct impression that the
>cinquain as a poetic form was invented by middle school teachers, as a
>form that even the most brain-damaged of students could handle. Can
>someone demonstrate otherwise? ]]
>--
>Rob Speer

There ith an entire magathine for thith poetic form (the name of whicth I don't know how to pronounthe).  The magathine ith called "Amaze", whicth ith the name of a work by the woman who invented the form in 1910.  Thhe liked haiku, and dethided to make up thomething thimilar.

Whicth doethn't thay that middle-thcool teactherth aren't uthing it for their brain-damaged thtudenth.

The webthite for "Amaze" ith http://www.denisgarrison.com/amaze/front.html.  Pleathe, though, Rob, don't athume I'm thticking up for the poetic form, thinthe I hadn't heard of it before thith Nomic game.

Maybe thomeone thould propothe Hallmark ath a poetic form.  I think thoth poemth in Hallmark cardth are tho thweet.

						Glotmorf