Eric Gerlach on 25 Mar 2002 18:21:57 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Voter Colonel

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Glotmorf wrote:
> On 3/24/02 at 5:44 PM Eric Gerlach wrote:
>
> I lost track of Red Dwarf after the third season or so.  First I saw of
> it in ages was the episodes after the crew got reconstituted, and not
> many of those.  Is "Back to Reality" at all related to the "Better Than
> Life" product?

The show went downhill after the crew got reconstituted, IMO.  Seasons 3-5
were the best ones (though 1-2 were quite good as well)

> Aside from that, I'm generally against vote-buying measures, since they
> can lead to the passage of "Fred wins/gains absolute power/steals
> everything from everyone" proposals.  And no, that's not just sour
> grapes over mine not working.

Well, I tried to make this one as useless as possible... while still being
somewhat effective.  Look at the cost: 50 * num of proposals to affect *
number of people to affect

So to change one vote on one proposal it's 50 points... and it only goes
up from there.  Not to mention that The Voter Colonel can just be
repressed.... it is a Gremlin after all :)

Bean