Glotmorf on 25 Mar 2002 06:00:36 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Voter Colonel

On 3/24/02 at 5:44 PM Eric Gerlach wrote:

>At 09:12 PM 2002-03-22 -0500, you wrote:
>>On 3/22/02 at 6:45 PM Eric Gerlach wrote:
>>
>> >__Keeping the ballot boxes safe for democracy__
>>
>>Dude...do you by chance work in a post office?  Near me?
>
>I don't think I work in a post office... however, if you watch a lot of
>Red
>Dwarf you'd get the reference.  It was inspired equally by recently
>watching that Red Dwarf episode (Back to Reality) and Mr. A's "Stuffing
>the
>ballot box" proposal.
>
>No, I haven't been pronounced clinically insane. (yet)
>
>Bean

I lost track of Red Dwarf after the third season or so.  First I saw of it in ages was the episodes after the crew got reconstituted, and not many of those.  Is "Back to Reality" at all related to the "Better Than Life" product?

Aside from that, I'm generally against vote-buying measures, since they can lead to the passage of "Fred wins/gains absolute power/steals everything from everyone" proposals.  And no, that's not just sour grapes over mine not working.

						Glotmorf