Donald Whytock on 11 Mar 2002 14:23:06 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Monday morning)

On 3/11/02 at 8:25 AM Gavin Doig wrote:

>> Further review of the list reveals that I did, in fact, overlook a
>couple
>> of Glotmorf's proposals: "Continued Next Nweek..." is 457/0, and eir
>> second Nomilogue is 458/0. (Aside: First, I don't think the rules require
>> me to recognize things in the order they're received, and second, I'll
>> veto anything that requires me to do so. I am human, y'see, and have no
>> real desire to spend a half-hour or more renumbering things every time I
>> make a mistake. If you're worried about the PIG, buy him off.)
>>
>Rule 17: "All recognitions and refusals of recognition must happen in the
>same chronological order as the Actions they respond to arrived in a
>Public Forum."
>
>Based on the precedent set by CFJ 280, I'd say that everything since the
>admin missed "Continued Next Nweek..." never happened. I'd CFJ this, but I
>can't. ;-) (Not that it would matter anyway, as CFJs don't appear to do
>anything).
>
>Therefore, I hereby recognise an Emergency. I fully expect to be the only
>person to do so, but nonetheless... anyway, my recognition can always
>still be there in the future.
>
>uin.

Not prepared to recognize an Emergency yet, but thank you for your concern. :)  As for CFJing...it would be less work for me to CFJ if and only if the PIG eats my proposal, since I might not have to do it (though some other poor slob might).  Of course, if I CFJ the PIG's ingestion, the remedy for that would probably be to renumber the proposals, reword the nweek results, update the rules that had been modified by the now-renumbered proposals AND recalculate what proposal the PIG ate, backing out any rule changes the now-ingested proposal caused.

Which sounds to me like more work for Mr. A than renumbering the proposals now would be.

						Glotmorf