Rob Speer on 15 Feb 2002 00:08:19 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Statute of Limitations, Uncle Psychosis, and much much more!

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 12:56:25PM -0500, Eric Gerlach wrote:
> <proposal_draft note="NOT A REAL PROPOSAL">
> <title>Fixing the Statue... I mean Statute</title>
> Revise Rule 129 in the following manner:
>
> - Replace "20 days" with "2 nweeks"
> - Replace "in a message to all players" with "in a public forum"
> - Replace "any player objects to the statement in a message to all
> players, in which case the usual methods for determining the current rules
> and game state shall apply" with "a CFJ is made naming the
> Administrator as defendant which calls into question the statement, in
> which case the rules governing CFJs shall apply"
> - Remove "This rule takes precedence over all other rules"
> - Give it a Chutzpah of 8
> </proposal_draft>
>
> What do people think of that?  Let's negotiate, try to fix this problem,
> and whatever comes of this proposal I'll submit it as soon as the Clock is
> back On.

Um... great job fixing the details, but it doesn't fix the fundamental
flaw in what 129 DOES. Basically, it assumes that when the Administrator
makes a statement, we always either believe him and take it into
account, or object to it. If we miss the statement entirely and go on
with the game, then in two nweeks it switches the whole Nomic to another
"thread" which may not even make any logical sense.
--
Rob Speer