Eric Gerlach on 6 Feb 2002 04:43:57 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: new proposal: ptime

At 06:29 PM 2002-02-05 -0500, you wrote:
Look at all the assumptions the rule makes in order to resolve a paradox
- you can't rely on any of these facts in an actual paradox situation:

* The Clock exists and is functioning correctly.
* It is possible to determine which players are in the game.
* It is possible to submit a CFJ.
* It is possible to collect votes on a Ballot.

You speak the truth, Plunder.

Perhaps what's needed is a "wayback machine" sort of deal where we reset the game to before the paradox began in terms of players eligible to vote and stuff... I donno... just tossing out ideas here.

Bean