Eric Gerlach on 5 Feb 2002 04:35:02 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: new proposal: ptime

At 09:59 PM 2002-02-04 -0500, you wrote:
On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 02:06:52AM -0500, Donald Whytock wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that we still don't have a paradox resolution rule? Or maybe it's just me...

There isn't anything to notice. A paradox resolution rule is impossible.

You're almost right. A *perfect* paradix reolution rule is impossible. We *can* however make a rule which allows paradox resolution in any situation that does not involve the paradox resolution rule itself. You're right, a perfect system is a Godel set, and therefore is incomplete or inconsistent. I'd rather know my system was incomplete than not know where the inconsistancy was.

Bean