Gavin Doig on 28 Jan 2002 18:52:24 -0000

spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: CFJ 304 judgement

> Since this player is currently known as "Uncle Psychosis",

True.

> and since "uin" is not eir real name (as suggested by the email header),

Also true.

> I must assume "uin" is a title e is bestowing upon emself.

Doesn't follow. There are numerous other possibilities; it could be some kind of customary salutation, or I could simply be incorrectly reporting my name (either accidentally, or as a deliberate falsehood). I claim that I am doing the second of these, and, since my name *used* to be (something which abbreviated to) uin, I think it seems pretty plausible.

Since neither making a mistake about your name nor claiming your name is something other than it is are regulated, and the rules make a quite clear distinction between names and titles, I can call myself what I please, as long as I don't claim it's a title. Which I don't.

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3840379;4478627;x?http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a