Donald Whytock on 28 Jan 2002 05:48:01 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Administrative Abilities

On 1/28/02 at 12:32 AM Rob Speer wrote:

>On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 12:25:08AM -0500, Donald Whytock wrote:
>> According to The Voice's judgment on my CFJ, the Standard Delimiters are
>optional.  If someone delimits eir rule title with single underscores
>rather than double underscores, it means e has opted to not use the
>Standard Delimiters; it is NOT a typo.  Therefore I would object to the
>application of Rule 255 to any proposal, other than those submitted by
>Wonko, in order to render single underscores into double underscores.
>
>Yes, but I assume that those were intended to be titles, not random
>chunks of text delimited by underscores that are in the proposal for no
>good reason.
>
>--
>Rob Speer

Yes, but the fact that you can assume that means the meaning of the structure of the proposal text is clear, despite the fact that the submitters didn't choose to use the Standard Delimiters.  Therefore, while the delimiting of the title doesn't conform to the Standard Delimiters, it is nevertheless not a situation requiring a correction.

						Glotmorf