Eric Gerlach on 23 Jan 2002 17:55:42 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Votes for nweek 5

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Jonathan Van Matre wrote:
> NO > Proposal 275/1:You Break the Law, You Pay the Price (Bean)
>
> Almost verbatim retread of my proposal last nweek.  Sadly, due to being *almost* verbatim, it omits some rather crucial anti-loophole phrases.  All the length problems that doomed my proposal last week, plus more to boot, just to be sure it's doomed this week, too.  Even *I* can't vote for it, and I originally proposed a lot of this stuff.

Well, you didn't take me up on my Call For Revisions, and so it sits as it
does.  Which is too bad, honestly, because you voted NO on the other one
as well.  Well, if you want to repropose Part II of last week's justice
reform proposal next week, go ahead, and I'll just repropose 276 (which I
think is in danger of failing, if only because of a typo).

I just thought I'd put my points on the line for the sake of justice
reform (I don't stand to gain much if anything out of the 275+276 combo,
even if one of them passes)

Bean