ID Scott, Science 99 on 14 Jan 2002 13:40:20 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: So this dosent happen again

> If the "this" that this is trying to prevent happening again has to
>do with imaginary friends, might I note that there still doesn't exist
>a proper definition of "player" in the rules.

But it does, I think, stop completly random entities voting.
A workable defenition of a player is left to the student :-)

cheers,
Iain

>There's the turing test
>requirement, and Our Admin's de facto email address requirement, but
>nothing that, say, identifies a "player" as being tied to a single
>personality or state of consciousness.  Otherwise, not only are
imaginary friends valid, equally valid are (with reference to a
currently popular movie, name withheld to avoid plot spoilage)
hallucinations.  Tying playerness to states of consciousness or
personalities eliminates these, while not discriminating against
sufferers of multiple personality disorder. (Like me.) (Stop that.)