Wonko on 27 Dec 2001 03:06:52 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Let's make it Imperial (sort of)

on 12/26/01 8:28 PM, David E. Smith at dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Antonio wrote:
>
>> Since the administrator is kind enough to run the game (and administer the
>> website etc) just for fun, let's make it easier for him by letting him have
>> the final word on any proposal (mostly so he can veto a proposal that would
>> require too much work on the database or something).
>
> Just to prove your point, I'm gonna refuse to recognize your proposal. :)
>
> Should I choose to become a player, this could give me such an obscene
> advantage it's not really even funny.
>
> I *will* recognize it if you can come up with a version that's fair to
> everyone else as well.
>
> ...dave

How about something to the effect that if the admin disapproves of a
proposal, it takes a 3/4 majority to pass it? That gives you the opportunity
to kill proposals like "The admin shall handwrite all proposals and mail
three copies, one in english, one in french, and one in pig latin, through
snailmail, to each player withing 25 minutes of the time each proposal
reaches a public forum" but leaves us the option of cutting back your power
if you become a player.