Robin Lee Powell on 7 Dec 2001 18:29:13 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: a whole bucket of recognition

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 06:11:49AM +0000, David E. Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Joel Uckelman wrote:
>
> > Have you looked at any of the scripts I wrote? Just curious whether
> > those have been useful.
>
> I've looked, yeah. I'm mostly using them to (try to) work out some of
> the messier queries. Shame MySQL doesn't seem to have working
> subselects...

<warning class="religion">
That's because MySQL is not a true RDBMS, since it's missing several
major features.  I can't even imagine what you'd have to pay me to use
it.
</warning>

However, any subselect is semantically equivalent to a more complicated
query without subselects.  If you send me your statement with subselect,
I'll send you a non-subselect-containing version.

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ 	BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno