Joel Uckelman on 8 May 2001 14:43:11 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Joel's Move

Quoth "David E. Smith":
> On Mon, 7 May 2001, Jeff Schroeder wrote:
>
> > Will the mailing lists and web page go down when Joel moves?
>
> If this turns out to be the case, I can probably provide (partial)
> alternative hosting for 'em.
>
> The mailing lists aren't a problem; I've been running large mailing lists
> for years. The Web page is potentially an issue - mostly depending on just
> how Joel implemented stuff. (Perl, PHP, MySQL = good; mod_perl and
> postgresql = bad)
>
> ...dave

Nothing is going to be down long enough when I move to make substitute
lists worthwhile. I'm moving on Thursday, and the phone company says my DSL
will be turned on Monday morning. Also, a status report: I'm in the process
of packing now; what I really need is a day with nothing else to do so I
can catch up. I'm guessing that won't happen until after I move, maybe
Saturday. Again, I'm really sorry about holding up the game like this. I
want to get things in order again, but packing is a little more immediate
need right now.

--
J.