Jorg Rathlev on 12 Feb 2001 21:47:43 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: A proposal by the newbie

> > I think I didn't really get the difference between a primary
> and a secondary
> > motion, could someone please explain it to me? Thanks!
>
> Sure. Each sort of Primary Motion has its own numbering scheme, while all
> (...)

Thanks, I got it now.

So, in my proposed rule, the Admin should make a secondary one rather than a
primary motion. I guess it should also be excluded from unanimous consent,
since in the case the motion is made, consent won't be given anyway. Newbie
Players also should not be eligible voters, since that would make a "hostile
takeover" possible. I'll fix that.

> > (PurpleBob: sorry this one conflicts with your proposal :-(, by the way,
> > what happens if both are adopted?)
>
> Your Proposal will have a higher number than PurpleBob's, but his doesn't
> modify R210, so we'd have two conflicting Rules. It would likely become a

Actually his *does* modify R210:

>>2. In rule 210, change the words "three-day unanimous consent" to "one-day
unanimous consent".<<

That's why I asked :-)

> Hmmm. A second thing just occurred to me, namely that Players
> *used* to be
> the only entities that could make Motions. I think I'll propose something
> to tweak that a little...

Yes, that seems to make sense.

Joerg