Joel Uckelman on 2 Dec 2000 02:59:44 -0000

spoon-discuss: oh, no, here it comes again

So, I was thinking back on some things that I had always wanted to try in
Berserker, but didn't get the chance to because there wasn't enough support
for it then. One of those things was something that I opposed initially,
but began to think might be fun after I voted against it: Political Go.
What is Political Go, you might ask? Well, imagine playing Go (the "game of
oriental strategy", as Josh's box says), but with more than one other
person. Moreover, these other players may or may not be friendly, and
whether your stones can draw liberties from their dragons will depend on
it. (If you've played Go much, you can imagine how much difference it would
make if an "ally" switched sides--it could result in the capture of big
bunches of stones.) Anyway, everyone would get a free stone every turn, and
more for doing certain things, like making (successful?) proposals and
such. We could award the winner something or other (a win? points? more
stones for next time?). I think this could be a lot of fun, assuming enough
people want to participate in it. So, the most important part: does anyone
want to do this? If so, I'll get a proposal together for it. (Not right
away, though. The implementation of this is complex enough that I think
I'll wait until the semester is over to get it started.) Comments?

--
J.

--
Play Nomic!