James Baxter on Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:46:38 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] The First Kill

> From: bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:39:13 -0500
> To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [s-d] [s-b] The First Kill
>
> Actually, I think you want to modify rule 86 instead.
>
> Proto:
>
> {{
>
>    Amend Rule 86 replacing:
>    {{
> A player cannot Commit Attempted Murder if eir Location and any other non-Victim player's Location (in that order) are a Peephole.
> }} with {{
>    A player cannot commit Attempted Murder if eir Location and any other non-Victim player's Location (in that order) are a Peephole, or if eir Location and any other non-victim Player's Location is the same.
> }}

I don't think it matters which rule states it, as long as it is stated. I felt that as it relates to committing attempted murder but not to peepholes, it would be better place in the rule defining attempted murder rather than in the blueprint. Also, I think that my proposal would be slightly useless as a player could commit attempted murder before another player can move to the same location. I revise Proposal 2060 by appending the following:

{{In Rule 87, replace the text {{No player may Commit Attempted Murder during a Phase in which they have already gained Failure or Committed Attempted Murder. [[Give the Victim a breather.]]}} with the text {{No player may Commit Attempted Murder during a Phase in which they have already gained Failure, Committed Attempted Murder or Changed Location. [[Give the Victim a breather.]]
}}

I recognize this revision. Proposal 2060/0 is revised to Proposal 2060/1.

This restriction might make committing attempted murder more difficult but it will also make it more tactically interesting as you will have to lure the victim into traps rather than chasing after the victim.