0x44 on Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:07:48 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Resolving the Emergency.

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 18:50:48 -0400, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 5:52 PM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> As four days have passed, I RESOLVE this Emergency and select Wooble's
>> Refresh Proposal as the victor. PRESENT was not a valid vote in this
>> emergency, as PRESENT was not a Refresh Proposal in the Emergency, so
> the
>> only PEP to vote in this Emergency was 0x44 who voted for Wooble's RP.
>
> I CFJ on: "The Emergency Decision was validly resolved."

I answer the above CFJ TRUE.

Rule 23 specifies that valid Decisions can only be initiated if they
include an explicit list of valid voters or a description of the class of
valid voter, a clear indication of the valid options on the decisions, and
the identity of the vote collector. Emergency Decisions fail to meet this
definition explicitly in Rule 123. Emergency Decisions may be initiated by
any PEP and need only include the title, text, and author of a refresh
proposal. Further, an Emergency Decision may be resolved by ANY PEP after
four days have passed OR EACH PEP has cast a valid ballot on the Decision.

Emergency Decisions are not Decisions as they fail to meet the definition
in Rules 23, 24, and 25.