Geoffrey Spear on Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:50:52 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Resolving the Emergency.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 5:52 PM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As four days have passed, I RESOLVE this Emergency and select Wooble's
> Refresh Proposal as the victor. PRESENT was not a valid vote in this
> emergency, as PRESENT was not a Refresh Proposal in the Emergency, so the
> only PEP to vote in this Emergency was 0x44 who voted for Wooble's RP.

I CFJ on: "The Emergency Decision was validly resolved."

Arguments:  The Emergency Decision does not seem to be an R22
Decision, since it generally has more than 2 options and a voting
period of less than 7 days, which a Decision cannot (rules to the
contrary notwithstanding).  In fact, it doesn't have a "voting period"
at all, since the ED can be resolved immediately if all of the PEPs
have voted.  Since R123 is power 4, it takes precedence over any rule
that would purport to regulate it in any way.

If it doesn't look like a duck, doesn't quack like a duck, and is
called an "emergency duck", it's not a duck.  Thus, quorum shouldn't
be held to apply.

I deputize for the CotC to assign the above case to 0x44, the only
unambiguously active and standing player.
--
Wooble