Craig Daniel on Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:45:32 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Further consultations on the Sharpener

I submit the following Consultations:

{Question: Are mackerel fungible?
Arguments: The answer ought to be yes, though I see nothing in the
rules to establish that it is. There's a Consultation precedent
supporting yes, though; if they're not fungible we could not have
built the Laser Printer, which comex judged that we had.}

{Question: Does there exist a square with the color (255,255,255)?
Unbeliever: ehird
Arguments: This hinges on whether ehird's right that comex couldn't
reuse mackerel-spending or not.}

{Were any mackerel successfully destroyed by the Pencil Sharpener?
Unbeliever: comex
Arguments: The arguments in my previous consultation established that
if the Laser Printer worked (which it did) then the Pencil Sharpener
failed to specify its procedure concretely enough. Given the
fungibility of mackerel, "m30000 in the possession of comex" is
sufficiently specific, but "all mackerel created by the laser printer
is not." (If macks were non-fungible, the latter would be valid but
not the former; were this the case the Sharpener couldn't have been
built.}

{Question: Did the Pencil Sharpener do anything at all?
Unbeliever: comex
Arguments: If the Sharpener procedure that destroys mackerel doesn't
succeed in doing so, it could be taken to mean that the entire
procedure failed. More likely, however, each step gets implemented as
a game action, and either works or doesn't; in this case, the Pencil
Sharpener did everything it was supposed to including plugging the
loophole, but comex is still the richest player in the game (followed
by me and Warrigal).}

 - teucer