Glotmorf on Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:49:00 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [Spoon-business] Pawns at Dawn

On 31 Jul 2004 at 12:47, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> Note that I don't claim to have any actual skill at chess; I merely
> think this would be an interesting way to use Offers, and I don't mind
> if I lose. IIRC, bd, Glotmorf, and The Voice are eligible to accept
> this, as is anyone else who joins INH (it costs 15 points to join, see
> INHCharter on the wiki)
>
> {{
> __Pawns at Dawn__
>
> Any Player who is a member of INH may accept this Offer; no other
> entities may. The player who accepts this Offer is herein referred to
> as the "Opponent". The player who submitted this Offer is herein
> referred to as "Wonko".
>
> Wonko and the Opponent will, through private emails, conduct a
> standard game of chess by email (herein referred to as the "game").
> Upon the completion of this game, the party who wins the game (the
> "Winner") will be owed services from the other party (the "Loser").
> The Loser is required to perform the following services:
>
> During the first full nweek following the completion of the game, the
> Loser's votes on each proposal for that nweek's ballot must match the
> votes of the Winner, and e may not change them except to match the
> Winner's. Note that the Loser is considered to have complied if the
> Winner votes, the Loser votes identically, and then the Winner
> resubmits votes such that the Loser no longer has identical votes
>
> The Contingency, should the Loser fail to vote properly at the
> appointed time, or fail to adhere to the guidelines specified above,
> is 60 points and 300~, which the Loser must pay to the Winner; if the
> Loser does not have enough points or tildex, then the Contingency is
> as much of the above totals as the Loser can provide.
>
> The following rules shall apply to the game of chess:
>   * Wonko and the Opponent will take moves by sending emails to each
> other containing the moves, in any reasonable format.
>   * When it is either player's turn, e shall have 10 ndays to make eir
>
> move; if e fails to do so within that time, e is considered to have
> forfeited the game.
>   * The standard rules of chess shall be used for determining which
> pieces may be moved, when the game is over, etc.
>   * The Opponent shall choose which color e wishes to play (and Wonko
> will thus play the other color)
>   * Should Wonko and the Opponent at any time agree to a change in the
>
> rules of the game of chess, that change shall take effect and be used
> for the remainder of the game.
>
> }}

I Accept the Offer. (Though I suppose if I win I have to
actually get off my butt and vote, just so Wonko can match my
votes...)

I choose White.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt