Daniel Peter Lepage on Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:45:26 -0500 (CDT)

[Spoon-business] Roster Stuff

Zarpint wrote:

> I don't think Deputizing Wonko ends the emergency. There are at least a
> few other things that need to be dealt with:
>
> - Money. I have some ~ now. I should have been paid each of the last few
>   weeks, but who knows how rich anyone is?

Tildex was created at the end of nweek 62, and each player got 500~. Dave has made no payment posts since, so under 625.B.5 no Ministers have received payment since then. Likewise, no Deputies have been given Tildex bonuses. Theta received ~500 upon joining, and Araltaln recently paid ~50 to Teucer to get eir Voting Token. Thus, every player has ~500, except Araltaln with ~450 and Teucer with ~550.

> - The Scarf. Platonically, someone has it. Where is it?

Sagitta has had it since nweek 61. At the beginning of nweek 63, therefore, e lost 10 style points; it seems the admin implicitly gave the scarf back to em that nweek. Ditto nweek 64. So at the beginning of next nweek, e must award it to somebody else or I will award it myself, and e'll lose 10 more style.

> - Ministers. The Game really can't function without most of our
>   ministries occupied.

If my wipe-out-two-thirds-of-the-ruleset proposal passes, that won't be a problem.

> - Gremlins. Are any of them active?

The Scoring Gremlin is in hiding, as Scoff!, Araltaln, Aquarion, and Theta are tied for lowest score at one point.

It's been a long time since two players were simultaneously cursed: The Witch Gremlin is Active.

Zarpint got the Token of Proposals after nweek 60, and again after nweek 61; the Bandwidth Gremlin then went into hiding for two nweeks, coming out again at the end of nweek 63. I got the Token after nweek 64, and that brings us to now. The Bandwidth Gremlin is Active.

The Gremlin fund is rich, so Luigi is Active.

No rule ever makes Diebold Hide; he is active.

> - The Roster Page. It's hopelessly out of date, and we do need an
>   up-to-date roster. Does the Gremlin Fund currently contain 341 points?
>   Does Athena's Society actually still exist? It's not listed on the
>   Wiki, but I don't think it was ever dispanded. Gender changing should
>   not be on the LOGAS since one of my props a while ago, but it's still
>   listed. Does M-Tek still exist? The roster says it "may no longer".
>   Etc.

Athena's society ran out of members (Glotmorf was the last and then quit). M-Tek is still around; what no longer exists is its stash of bandwidth. I think the Gremlin fund has 341 points, but I could be wrong; it's a moot point anyway, as it'll be repealed come next nweek.

> I don't see how we can resume play without a large cleanup of some sort.

If you wait until the end of the nweek, my prop will destroy many things. Dave's given me the passwords to bnomic.org, so I can go in and change the Roster, etc. if need be.

However, if you'd like to make a display of this yourself, go right ahead.

I hereby Deputize Zarpint to perform any and all duties associated with the Ministry of the Roster.

The primary duties of the RosterMin are to maintain publicly accessible lists of all player data and all data about game objects that's not displayed elsewhere; this basically gives Zarpint the authority to make Public Displays of any aspect of the game. Does anybody else want such a Deputization?

I recognize the above deputization.

--
Wonko
Deputy Administrator