David E. Smith on 9 May 2003 03:41:02 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Thursday evening)

Random Recognized Stuff:

The Clock on the Web site is updated to reflect yesterday's Delay.

Orc answers the Telephone, and earns 9 points.

Aside to Orc: You don't have to lithp when on Official Business, which
includes Grid Ministry updates. (I think. If that's not the rule, it
oughta be.)

Orc gets the Pink Scarf from Glotmorf, and 11 Style in the process.

Orc gets 6 points (Grid Ministry salary).

bd transfers 1 point to Teucer.

SkArcher acquires a Gender, Race, and Philosophy.

SkArcher borrows 30 points from Luigi and buys a Speeder (20 pts) and 5
random Menu Gnomes (10 points to vSOI). Everything else is up to the Gnome
minister (gnomes purchased) and Grid minister (speeder movement, etc.)

Teucer forms a Society (TFBB) and transfers all eir Bandwidth to that
Society. (Please, please, don't abuse this. The Bandwidth rule is not
intended as an arbitrary limit to inconvenience you so much as it is an
arbitrary limit to save my waning sanity. :) Its Charter is c1510.

Teucer disbands the aforementioned Society, but keeps it around long
enough to annoy me (because I created database entries and charters for it
and everything).

Wonko's CashBox is formed (c1511).

I don't believe Wonko pulled off a Win, thanks to the Speed Limit rule.
However, e probably racked up a nearly infinite amount of Style. (I'm
listing it as '9999' in true Final Fantasy fashion.) Wonko does rack up
250 points and the Style Attribute "Infinitely Stylish". I'd ask someone
to petition the Council on my behalf to reduce Wonko's style to a more
reasonable sum, but the Council is impotent -- Iain is on death watch and
Rob doesn't believe in the Council; Glotmorf alone cannot, IIRC, bring the
Council to consensus.

(Aside: Wonko's action is recognized. I don't think anyone wants the list
to be spammed with all the relevant numbers, so pretend there's a link to
www.random.org here, and the results are included by reference. Who am I
to disallow a clever and stylish manouevre?)

Teucer goes On Leave.

Justice:

* SkArcher rules TRUE on CFI 1480.
* Teucer's "TFBB transfers" CFI is 1513, assigned to Orc (and trivially
  False, as Teucer already disbanded that society).

Props:

"It's cold outside" is p1507/0.
"Pay Rise" is p1508/0.
"Quotation prop by Teucer" is p1509/0 (Teucer, quoting Wonko)
"Locking the CashBox" (no title given by Wonko) is p1512/0.
"Instant Gratification" (quote prop) is p1514/0.
"Quotation prop by Orc" is p1515/0 (and almost the same as the above).
"Bandwidth in a jar?" is p1516/0.

Teucer cannot submit eir Everlasting Moon prop: E gave all eir bandwidth
to TFBB, then disbanded that society.

Inter-Ministry Stuff (for which a better system is probably needed):

* The Bonus Box uncovered by bd at (6,19) is a Jewelry Box. bd has
  unearthed the Ring of Power.
* The Bonus Box uncovered by SkArcher at (20,16) is a Jewelry Box.
  SkArcher has unearthed the Ring of Blind Faith.

...dave

--
David Smith  dave@[technopagan.org|bureau42.com|whatisay.com|mvn.net]
This signature contains 35% or more post-consumer recycled electrons.