David E. Smith on 31 Jan 2003 05:51:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Thursday evening)

Rob gets Philosophy.

"Enforce the Speed Limit... using recursion!" is p1319/0.
"Allowances" is p1312/1.
"A return to Simplicity..." is p1311/1.
"Layer Power" is p1320/0.
"Open up the playing field" is p1321/0.
"The CS Geek Philosophy" is p1322/0.

The Minister of Gnomes receives 11 points.

Rob gives BvS 5 points for coolness.

Wonko does lots and lots of Grid stuff. It all ends with Wonko losing 25
points (for passing over a Scary Thing during eir movement), acquiring two
Balls of Wax, one Ice Gnome and one Sheep Gnome (Gnome person, please note
this), and poor Curt.

A Big Stick is placed randomly on the Grid. Under the current set of
rules, I don't think there's a Shield: there doesn't seem to be any rule
specifying when and where a Shield would be created, and the last one was
destroyed after the last Party. (If I've overlooked something, as always,
feel free to politely point it out instead of resorting to the CFI
process.)

I can't recognize Wonko's kicking in the ass of Baron von Skippy, as the
kick is for Unbridled Hostility (TM), a term which is reasonably
well-defined within the rules, and of which the latter party does not
appear to be guilty. Lack of foresight and forethought? Maybe, but I don't
think BvS' proposal was actively malicious.

...dave