Alex Truelsen on 19 Jun 2002 01:36:04 -0000

[Spoon-business] Now with 35% more foomp

You cannot escape the foomp.

                                            -BvS-

I propose:

{{
__Foomp__

[[Well, it was another lovely day on the Grid. The sun was shining, the world had just been righted, all DimShips had vanished from existence, and I had just landed, in the Team Turquoise end zone, on a no loner flaming but still quite warm Grid. Lovely. As I stood there, hopping around to cool my feet, and wondering when Wonko, off towards Grid central, would wander over to the Football and toss it my way, my belt-mounted Bonus Box Detecto-Matic Radar Thingy (TM) suddenly began beeping wildly. I pulled the thing off and looked at the display. Just south of my position, a blip. I looked that way, but Bonus Boxes have a nasty habit of not being visible until uncovered.

Let's see, a Bonus Box... could be a lot of things, among them gnomes, points... a wide grin crossed my face at the very idea of all the good things that could happen. Obviously, I had to have it. So, trying to run over and blow on my feet simultaneously, I managed to fall down repeatedly, but reached the box in due course.

Upon reaching the box?s location, I dug around for a bit, until the Box was before me, shining dully in the sunlight. I grabbed the lid and opened it, reached in, and pulled out... a limp arm? Suddenly, a hissing sound of compressed air being released told me I had gotten more than I had bargained for. As the Siren expanded, I tried to run, but then the song started. A melody soothing and attracting, luring and possessing, it was all I could do to take another step, then another, then...

Rooted to the spot, I fought to ignore the creature, but I knew I was trapped. Unless... I grabbed my Rule-Making Omni-Gadget Thingy (TM) with the wireless modem and fired off an entry to Rules.nom, hoping it might save me.]]

Add to the end of section B of Rule 441/2 the following SHESGOTME delimited text:

SHESGOTME
B.14. Bomb Gnomes

There exist Gnomes of type Bomb. A player with a Bomb Gnome may throw it at a Grid location, a Big Rock, or another player. If a player throws a Bomb Gnome at a Grid Location, the Bomb Gnome is destroyed and that Grid location's substance becomes Fire for one nweek. If a player throws a Bomb Gnome at a Big Rock, the Bomb Gnome is destroyed and that Big Rock and any Sirens on it are destroyed. If a player throws a Bomb Gnome at another player, and the targeted player fails to catch it within 3 ndays, the Bomb Gnome is destroyed, the targeted player loses 15 points, the targeted player is placed in Limbo, and the substance of eir Grid location is set to Fire for one nweek. If the targeted player catches the Bomb Gnome, 1d(4-n) is rolled, where n is the number of times the Bomb Gnome has been thrown. On a 1, the Bomb Gnome is destroyed, the targeted player loses 15 points, the targeted player is placed in Limbo, and the substance of eir Grid location is set to Fire for one nweek.
SHESGOTME

Add to the end of section C of Rule 441/2 the following HELPME delimited text:

HELPME
A Fire Gnome plus an Air Gnome plus an Earth Gnome makes a Bomb Gnome.
HELPME

[[Then, my resistance wearing thin, I waited. I tried biting my lip, hoping the pain would keep me in reality. Then, just as I felt I would soon bite completely through, there was a beep from my Omni-Gadget. Success! Good. Looking into my Gnome Bag, I grabbed the needed Gnomes and rammed them together at high speed. Taking the resulting Bomb Gnome, I spun around and hurled it at the Siren.

That was three months ago. I'm still here, and she's still singing. A tip to all of you: when you throw a Gnome, make sure you take aim first, and don?t throw while spinning. Sorry, Wonko. How's Limbo?]]
}}