Dan on 24 Jan 2002 21:45:23 -0000

spoon-business: Proposal: Rule by Consent

{{
__Rule by Consent__

Amend rule 13 by replacing its text with the following paragraph:

A player is any entity who is capable of passing the Turing test, consents
to said designation as a player, as become a player in the manner
described in the rules, and who consents to be goverened by the rules.

}}

I think we should establish the idea that the rules have authority
because players consent to follow them, not because of any merit of their
own.  This will make it easier to sort out judicial tangles arising from
such things as the statute of limitations and so forth.

Dan