Dan on 9 Mar 2001 16:28:10 -0000

spoon-business: Re: proposal: let's vote ourselves rich.

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Jonathan Downes wrote:

> SEEING as there is has been a recent spurt of new players, who have few
> points,
>
> AND FURTHER that the current ruleset actively encourages negative voting,
> through the opposed minority award (where a negative vote can lead to
> points for the voter), the failed proposal penalty (where a negative vote
> can lead to points removed from the voters competitor) and the adopted
> proposal award (where an affirmative vote gives points to the voters
> competitors),
>
> AND FINALLY that the bank currently has a large surplus of unused points,
> I hereby propose the following rule, entitled "let's vote ourselves rich":

The Bank is currently running a loss of about 20-50 points per nweek.  I
see no sign of this changing in the near future unless something is done
to get points back from the wealthier players.  All it would take just now
is a couple of unlucky nweeks where a lot of proposals pass and the award
is high and The Bank would be broke again.  And the situation is getting
worse.

Oh dear i feel like a right-wing deficit-paranoid Tory finance minister.

We just put taxes up... but we'll reduce spending too.  and give tax
breaks to the wealthy office-holders. ;-p

Poulenc