Antonio on 23 Feb 2001 20:24:02 -0000

spoon-business: RFJ#29, Ruling

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:20:10 -0000, you wrote:

>RFJ#29, Joerg: NomicHomes cannot be transferred.
>Benjamin is recused as Judge.
>Zagarna is appointed as Judge.

Ok, I found the text of the rfj:

>Call for Judgement
>
>Statement:
>
>NomicHomes cannot be transferred.
>

>Analysis:
>
>Rule 316/0 states that "Objects (...) may not be transferred (...) except
>as allowed by the Rules".
>
>Rule 340/0 defines that a NomicHome is an instance of a Place. Places are
>defined by Rule 327/0, which does not allow them to be transferred.
>
>Rule 340/0 includes the following statement:
>
>"NomicHomes can be bought and sold in the same manner as any Object".
>
>In this statement, "any Object" refers to Objects in general, i.e. Objects
>as defined by Rule 316/0, which cannot be transferred. Thus the statement
>defines that NomicHomes cannot be transferred.

Judge's Ruling:
TRUE

Judge's Reasoning:
The plaintiff's analysis is accurate, the only interesting thing is
that if rule 340 had an only slightly different wording, for
example:"NomicHomes can be bought and sold in the same manner as any
other Object" , it would permit transferability of NomicHomes, since
the only other objects we have in the game are points, and those are
transferable :-)
Sorry, just raving
--

zagarna