Jon Stewart on 28 Sep 2001 13:26:31 -0000

Re: hosers-talk: ET

> Hmm. I thought we were still on CDT. If not, then my "fall back" hour was
> stolen from me without my noticing.

Sheesh. I didn't even know that Central Standard Time referred
specifically to Daylight Savings Time/Non-Daylight Savings Time thing
(learning which is which is high on my list of things never to do). I just
thought it sounded nice.

> What you want to do is put a line like this in your .bash_profile:
>
> TZ="America/New_York"
>
> And add TZ to the export list therein.
>
> That should do it.

That did the trick. I'll have to give you a job sometime as my linux
admin. That is, if the Ph.D. in Coffeeshop Studies doesn't work out.

Jon