Jon Stewart on 15 Aug 2001 05:30:07 -0000

Re: hosers-talk: Radiohead Concert

> Hmm. That's not good. I wonder how I can fix that... Jeff, you use qmail.
> Suggestions?

You could block it before it got to qmail. Have your sig attaching program
check uid and then scan the headers to see if a From: line has been
forced by the user. If so, set machine policy to be that the program will
reject any mail in this instance unless the corresponding username appears
in the From: line. Of course, figuring out how to get qmail to do the
correct thing would be more useful.

I was kinda' surprised it worked.

> Anyway, I knew it was Jon because it was sent by uid 525, which you can
> verify is Jon by checking /etc/passwd.

One could also have known given familiarity with my distinctive literary
"voice".

Jon
--
Jon Stewart
stew1@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Survey says: it was a bad idea in the first place."

	-- The Dismemberment Plan