Dan Percival on Thu, 2 Aug 2012 15:43:31 -0700 (MST)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [game-lang] Late to the party
- To: A list for developing a game representation language <game-lang@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [game-lang] Late to the party
- From: Dan Percival <dan.percival@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 15:42:55 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=HOmxv+HKBWOu57XsB48OJjuQvfxkxB2zvHVGOqVxD/0=; b=XWZ0AiSQ72A1iO9EZXcQY7xc2Uy/6DHswDm9SozO3mdHKlsAYlPCsRzQaM096BU/ml ZaK9kPffK8EzL6WJoY3n2QbaWS2BEH58UqE5OHez8H6oACax/Ikf2IA8nYtmAygYOPYe 3E6sAJ7911Sgcvm1uXgizCGukfD5EWGhByK8KBpkIDvVzJ8YqjL/z4M1sKLV9fDlQ31A uhC9tEKglxzJoXbq6qMsCTOXCPEYFXeH5hNAnutE1C733spgLROq5O1u5gFmJrHf8uu8 fBPOeXEntM6MaR8uvA8jCuIEadsSVGKTa3kKidOf7oKbE4aWdCJ/H6VJLNZcdnO64/Bt aLBg==
- In-reply-to: <501AF433.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <CAM9CjUm2kF=H_8o1j2p0B_7_ritnVYJ6wVbxMT+R3q2m32+OYA@mail.gmail.com> <20120802211548.491A8361BEA@charybdis.ellipsis.cx> <501AF433.email@example.com>
Hi, Joel and Marc. Thanks for the replies.
I realize that this project is pretty much cold, but if anyone has any current work in the area of general game definition, representation, or computer play, I'd enjoy reading about it.
In the meantime, anyone feel like brainstorming about how to write a Mao engine in GDL? At first glance it seems like you'd need some sort of eval(), but I'm starting to think that there's some fertile ground in folding rule enforcement into the play of the game.
game-lang mailing list