Joel Uckelman on Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:22:10 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] what's our status ?

Thus spake "Kyle H":
>     That's a shame about the AI.  We spoke to the designer at Origins, and
> he seemed knowledgeable about the game.  So I'm surprised that the AI is so
> hare-brained.  And since the release date had been pushed back for 3 years,
> they definitely had time to do it right...  Bummer.

I'm not surprised by this at all. It would be astonishing to get this
right in only three years of work.

> kdh
>
> P.S.  The designer did talk about the potential release of updates/patches.
> Mel, maybe you could send the company your playtest notes and ask them to
> patch the AI to make it play more rationally.

If you were able to write even marginally passable AI for a game like EiA,
you wouldn't be able to afford to spend time writing AI for games---people
would be beating down your door with briefcases full of money asking you to
write non-game AI.

--
J.