Mel Chin on Fri, 11 Jul 2008 18:51:28 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] what's our status ?

I've played a couple games so far and here is my take on it:

1. AI is far too easy to beat. The difficultly levels only allows the PC to
"cheat" by providing them extra $ and manpower during the econ phase.
The AI does some really stupid tactical things that makes them either
reckless to the point of suicide or passively sitting in their capital turn
after turn with no actions.

2. Rules - the game is much more Empires in Harm than regular EIA. If you're
expecting to play classic EIA, think again.
    a) The naval system is totally EiH with heavy ships, light ships and
transports.
    b) The Russian infantry corps lose all their cavalry components.
    c) Many of the current minor countries have been split into smaller
components (Hesse, Wurttemburg, Saxony, Hanover, etc).
    d) There are only three new political combinations (Poland, Ottomans,
CotR) and none of the others (Italy, Bavaria, Westphalia, Naples).
    e) There are no combined moves: instead, allies lend their corps for
their allies to use.
    f)  Insurrection corps can appear/move anywhere in Austria.
    g) No achieving/losing dominent power status.

3. AI tends not to surrender unless its capital is taken (and most of the
rest of the country) and it's army is wiped out.

4. There is diplomacy with minors in the game: you can influence and ally
with minor countries through diplomacy and $ can be spent to improve
chances.

5. AI usually makes little sense with its DOWs. For example, Prussia will
DOW Austria, Spain, Turkey and Britian for absolutely no reason in 1805.
The AI players will usually NOT get together and gang up on the stronger MPs
(like France, Russia or Britian).

This is just a brief summary. There's probably more that I left out.

Mel