MICHAEL P GORMAN on Sat, 15 Mar 2008 08:34:37 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] [EmpiresInArms] Placing Corps for Kingdom of Italy

I can't say I recall the original argument or the logic the decision was based on.

I was going to say that the ship building rules clearly indicate that Austria can't use the Illyrian port so any ships in progress at time of ceding would become KoI property and afterwards it would not be a port Austria could build at.  However, the KoI rules specifically state that Illyria is not actually ceded when Austria creates the KoI.

So under those circumstances I would have to agree that while the Illyrian money and manpower no longer go to Austria, Austria still can treat the Illyrian ports as home nation ports where it can build ships.