Michael Gorman on Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:56:32 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Prussian Reinforcements June 1806

At 11:00 AM 7/6/2006, you wrote:
>I had assumed that you could not trace supply through another's territory
>without access, but maybe this assumption is wrong.  I don't have time to
>look through the rules right now, but I'll get back to it this evening.
>Anybody else have an opinion ?

The access rules explicitly allow supply lines to trace through
uncontrolled minors, but don't say anything about major powers.  They are
explicit that you cannot move forces through a major power territory, build
depots or occupy cities without permission or war, but they are silent on
tracing supply lines.  If tracing a supply line is considered a form of
movement, then it would be prohibited without access.

Otherwise we may run into the oddity that since Prussia and Austria are
allied, they cannot be enemy forces to each other so even though Austria is
aiding Turkey in attacking Prussia, they are still friendly to Prussia
officially and cannot restrict Prussia supply lines.

Mike