Michael Gorman on Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:52:40 -0600 (CST)

RE: [eia] untitled

At 07:34 AM 3/27/2005, you wrote:
I sympathize with these concerns entirely, but to reiterate: Joel isn't
at home now.  Even if we'd sent in our political orders at the beginning
of last week we would, right now, be stopped at the reinforcement phase,
because Joel doesn't have his map or any of the other information he
needs to send out orders.  And we're cognizant that discussions have a
point of dimishing returns, but, in terms of actual content, Joel's
probably been able to send in an email every three days or so; it's not
as though thirty emails have gone back and forth.

If people being unavailable is impacting the game to the point where
people are finding it unplayable then we should maybe think about
putting into place procedures to try to mitigate the impact.  To be
frank, I don't have a problem with the game going slowly, but this might
be a good discussion to have.

What does everyone else think?

Look, some turns will be slow. Some turns will be fast. Sometimes people will want to try very hard to negotiate something and the political phase will go slowly. Relax, other turns will go fast.

Mike