Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 12 May 2015 01:08:21 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Administrator's Report 8E.1.4

On May 11, 2015, at 10:53 PM, Alex Smith <ais523@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 20:22 -0400, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
>> ArkadeE, ais523, and Ien have joined the game. Welcome! We’re up to 13
>> players now. It’s exciting to see all this interest.
>
> I'd be quite surprised if my joining of the game worked under B's
> ruleset. (I /think/ it'd work under Agora's, but that ruleset is
> incredibly lax with what counts as registration.) There's something of a
> Nomic tradition of joining ambiguously, and the joining attempt that
> actually works prevents you doing more, so you start with the least
> likely ones first so as to be able to fit as many ambiguous joining
> attempts in as you can.

You mean, you don’t think it worked under our current rules? You posted a message to a Public Forum, and it contained a request to become a Player (or at least it looked that way to me), and it contained a name you wished to be known by (in your signature). So, it looked even more like a good join than some of the other craziness we’ve had here already.

--
Peter C.