James Baxter on Tue, 2 Apr 2013 02:28:12 -0700 (MST)

[s-d] An earlier ruleset

I took some interest in the recent discussion on what the platonic ruleset is, and I recently did some looking around and found this, which I believe to be the initial ruleset: http://web.archive.org/web/20011213202851/http://www.nomic.net/~g6/list.php?t=r&a=1&z=999

Hopefully that helps. I don't really have time to work out what the effects of the Public Forum actions on this are but it seems that there wasn't originally a way to turn the clock off but Proposal 158 introduced that. The comment bug was present from the start but it did not affect ntime as there were no comments in the rules governing ntime. I haven't checked when the emergency rule entered the game or what effect an emergency would have had on ntime. It may also be the case that players stayed in the game, preventing the start of later emergencies, since 'forfeit' doesn't necessarily mean 'cease to be a Player'.